- This position is responsible for being the subject matter expert for financial and accounting software for the hospital and clinics. Also, responsible for supporting, customizing and optimizing the hospital’s revenue cycle and accounting systems to assist the hospital in addressing health reform initiatives, strengthening the revenue cycle and accounting systems. Evaluates complex system needs of staff and operating departments and supports end users as related to the use of the revenue cycle and accounting management systems. Also responsible for understanding customer needs, researching issues and designing and delivering quality resolutions. Works to continually improve the systems through upgrades, expansion and other ongoing development efforts. Provides ongoing application issue support.
- Analyst must be an example of living the Core Values of Arkansas Heart Hospital: Highest Expectations in Quality, Excellence through Innovation, Accountability through ownership, Resilience without Compromise, Teamwork with results
Monday – Friday, 40 + hours per week with some weekend and after-hours support required.
- Maintains current knowledge of health reform initiatives, revenue cycle management, accounting and patient care as they pertain to business and application/system needs.
- Coordinates with user liaisons, both clinical and non-clinical, to assess business and departmental needs and objectives (i.e., current business processes, compliance requirements, areas for improvement).
- Performs feasibility analysis and prepares project plans to ensure business needs are integrated with system design and functionality.
- Monitors and reports on project activities and reports on status within published timelines.
- Participate and contribute throughout the entire project lifecycle (Requirements, Design, Construction, Testing, and Implementation)
- Reviews documentation release(s) by software developers to keep apprised of changes and upcoming developments in software applications.
- Communicates any software problems and issues to the software development and support teams.
- Develops, tests and modifies complex internal application systems.
- Designs complex systems, modules and/or approaches and required enhancements to meet business needs.
- Performs complex coding and data reviews, prepares test data, tests and debugs and implements system enhancements.
- Leads integration and user acceptance testing and follows up to ensure infrastructure stability and application/system optimization.
- Prepares complex program, system and user documentation for enhancements.
- Performs complex analysis and troubleshooting for various business applications.
- Mitigates problems related to customization and implementation in a timely manner and with a sense of urgency.
- Provides technical support and end-user training for financial management/accounting applications/systems.
- Explains technical material in an understandable manner to less technically proficient users.
- Provides on-call support for financial management/accounting application/system.
- Manage 3rd party vendors to contractual obligations and escalate issues as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional-level experience required.
- Licensure/Certifications: None required.
- Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience developing, supporting, maintaining and/or administering information systems. Experience with revenue cycle applications, patient access, patient accounting, contract management, banking and/or Human Resources applications preferred.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Able to manipulate various types of computer and telecommunications equipment and peripherals.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to work individually and in a team setting required. Ability to resolve issues/complaints, maintain confidentiality and make satisfactory decisions independently. Ability to interact effectively with physicians and other medical personnel.
- Essential Physical Requirements: Able to lift, position and transport computer and telecommunication equipment and peripherals; Ability to stand, sit and walk for long periods of time.
- Essential Cognitive Abilities: Able to read, write and comprehend instructions at the college level. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to work under pressure. Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time. Ability to serve as the primary contact and expert on the application to troubleshoot problems and questions from end-users. Skill in project management and organization.