Coordinates the daily procedure schedule ensuring each lab is staffed appropriately during the day. Responsible for ensuring the Cath Lab runs at the highest level of efficiency possible.
- Manages the Cath Labs daily procedure schedule and communicates with Scheduling as needed regarding any questions.
- Communicates with physicians prior to their scheduled cases to ensure they will be on time and informs them of any delays.
- Ensures each lab is staffed appropriately throughout the day,
- Manages the Cath Lab staff lunch schedule.
- Ensures all vendors who walk into the Cath Lab are signed in to RepTrax and are only there by a physicians request or for a specific procedure.
- Communicates with Cath Lab supply staff and hospital supply staff to ensure each lab never has a supply shortage during a case.
- Calls Day Patient or In-Patient floors to pre-op upcoming patients and instructs the Cath Lab transporter appropriately.
- Before the end of each day, documents the next days procedure schedule and makes staff room assignments.
- Calls the Concierge Desk as needed to communicate procedure updates/delays.
- Overall, ensures the Cath Lab runs at the highest level of efficiency possible.
- Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. required; Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program required.
- Licensure/Certification: BLS required within 30 days of employment.
- Experience: None required. Previous experience in a hospital cath lab is preferred.