This position is responsible for providing clerical support for a unit within the clinic and ensuring the smooth flow of patients through the clinic. Obtains and furnishes information from other departments, patients and physician/medical offices to ensure records are complete and accurate.
- Prepares for clinic visits by ensuring all medical records are available to the medical provider (i.e., nurse, physician) for the patient visit.
- Contacts offices of referring physicians to obtain medical records for patient appointments.
- Answers incoming calls from referring physicians, other medical providers, etc. in a courteous manner, determines needed information and directs calls accordingly.
- Assists clinic medical providers with patient flow to ensure efficient and effective operations.
- Utilizes workflows in eCW to retrieve records of a patients previous visits, medication lists, etc. and identify/designate clinic location of patient at all times.
- Refers to medical provider notes in eCW regarding individual patient needs (i.e., follow-up appointments, testing, additional treatments) and coordinates with patient to book follow-up appointments, etc.
- Prints an office visit summary that lists future appointments or testing, a current medication list and treatment that was done during the office visit.
- Completes patient check-out process in eCW to ensure patient records (medical provider notes regarding patient presentation/symptoms and providers impressions, diagnosis, treatment plan, etc.) are updated and faxes through eCW such patient visit records to the patients primary care and/or referring physician.
- Disposes of patient information in a proper manner to ensure confidentiality.
- Other assigned duties as directed by supervisor based on demonstrated competency
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Licensure/Certification: None required.
- Experience: Minimum of two years work experience in a medical office setting required. Knowledge of medical office terminology desirable. Must have proficient computer skills.