Responsible for assisting all diagnostic CT scan procedures in a timely manner. Performs procedures according to physician’s orders in the patient’s chart or per prescription on outpatients. As a member of the care team, the CT tech is responsible for working collaboratively with other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of patient care. In addition, the CT must be able and willing to cross-train into other appropriate modalities. Through following facility policy/procedure is responsible for quality control, quality improvement and equipment maintenance.
- Performs CT scan procedures in a timely manner; documents required information and communicates to primary physician and direct care staff pertinent information.
- Coordinates and assists the care of patients assigned in collaboration with other CT scan technologists, physicians, nurses and allied health staff.
- Evaluates patient condition in order to adequately perform CT scan exams.
- Informs and explains procedure to be performed to patient and what is expected in terms of his/her cooperation.
- Provides comprehensive direct patient care and assures a safe and comforting environment.
- Consults with other staff as necessary to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- Ensures the necessary clinical equipment and supplies are available and are safely utilized.
- Possesses the knowledge of growth and development of patients across the life span (i.e., neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric).
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of radiology technology required. Continuing education in specialty area preferred.
- Licensure/Certification: Current Arkansas Department of Health Radiologic Technologist license and current American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT) certification required. BLS certification required. ACLS required within 6 months of employment for CT Technologists who also work in the Cath/EP Lab. Certifications are to be renewed by recommended renewal date on certification documentation.
- Experience: None required. Minimum of one year experience as a CT Technologist preferred.