The Dietary Technician works with hospital patients and families to assure that each patients nutritional and food selection needs are met, under the direction of the Nutritional Specialist/Dietitian. Daily duties would include checking patient tray-line at breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals, filling late trays and nourishment orders, and preparing, distributing and collecting patient menus. The meal tally to be used in food production is also to be completed..
- Monitors patient trays at breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals.
- Fills late trays.
- Prepares and distributes nourishments.
- Fills in name and room number on patient menus.
- Distributes menus to patients.
- Collects patient menus and tallies the foods needed in food production.
- Maintains effective communication with medical/nursing or administrative personnel concerning nutritional care of patients.
- Assists the Clinical Dietitian and participates in performance improvement activities.
- Participates in committee activities concerned with nutritional care.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelors degree in Food and Nutrition preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of one year experience in hospital food and nutrition required. Minimum of two years food and nutrition education may be considered in lieu of experience.