This professional accounting management position is responsible for maintaining a high standard accounting function including general accounting, accounts payable, payroll, cost accounting and decision support. The Director of Accounting (Controller) supervises the employees in the Accounting Department, assists the VP of Finance with the analytical projects as requested. The Director works with external auditors and consultants. This management position is responsible for preparing and analyzing clinic statistical reports, budgets and financial reports. As the Director, this position works actively with other Team Leaders/Directors in communicating and coordinating accounting functions which affect all departments. The Director performs a wide range of financial, operational and management tasks.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Hours and days may vary to meet accounting work deadlines.
- Develops and monitors compliance with accounting/finance policies and procedures.
- Reviews and presents monthly financial reports.
- Maintains all accounting, financial, and general business records in a secure, confidential manner in compliance with GAAP, governing laws, and rules from regulatory agencies.
- Maintains the cost accounting computer system.
- Prepares financial analyses as requested by management.
- Develops internal control procedures and monitors for compliance.
- Works with external auditors and consultants in a professional, cooperative manner.
- Assists the Chief Financial Officer with the annual budget and other financial management/analytical duties.
- Assists in preparation of the annual Medicare cost report and other functions as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervises, directs and plans the operation of the Accounting Department.
- Operates the Accounting Department within budget.
- Responds to issues of harassment and discrimination per company policy.
- Completes employee evaluation(s) in a timely manner per company policy.
- Education: Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field required (equivalent experience may be considered).
- Licensure/Certification: CPA license with an active permit to practice required.
- Experience: Minimum of five years healthcare financial management experience preferred.