Great Opportunity to work with Pinnacle EMS at our new Encore Medical Center in Bryant, AR. This EMT position is responsible for responding to emergency calls to provide efficient and immediate care to the critically ill and injured, and to transport the patient between the Arkansas Heart Hospital Little Rock Campus and Encore Medical Center in Bryant, AR. This position is responsible for responding to emergency calls to provide efficient and immediate care to the critically ill and injured, and to transport the patient to a medical facility. After receiving the call from the dispatcher, the EMT drives the ambulance to address or location given, using the most expeditious route, depending on traffic and weather conditions. The EMT must observe traffic ordinances and regulations concerning emergency vehicle operation. This position is responsible for assisting clinical team members by performing a variety of duties for patients within the patient-focused care system and under the direction/supervision of a registered nurse. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
- Administer first-aid treatment and life support care to sick or injured persons in prehospital setting.
- Operate equipment such as EKGs, external defibrillators and bag-valve mask resuscitators in advanced life support environments.
- Responds to patients needs in a timely manner.
- Assists nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures.
- Maintain vehicles and medical/communication equipment, and replenish first-aid equipment and supplies.
- Performs/assists with positioning patients and transferring patients from bed to chair or wheelchair or stretcher. Transports patients as needed.
- Observe, record, and report to physician the patient’s condition or injury, the treatment provided and reactions to drugs and treatment.
- Coordinate work with other emergency medical team members and police and fire department personnel.
- Communicate with dispatchers and treatment center personnel to provide information about situation, to arrange reception of victims, and to receive instructions for further treatment.
- Comfort and reassure patients.
- Always greets patients courteously and makes comfortable with department/surroundings.
- Ensures admission chart is ready and actively assists with admission process (ID band, computer information, and consent form).
- Actively participates in administering patient care and ensures a safe and comforting environment.
- Assists patients with ADLs, including meals, bathing and hygiene needs.
- Performs/assists with range of motion exercises and progressive ambulation as directed by RN.
- Reports changes in condition to the RN in a timely manner.
- Maintains personal responsibility for clinical growth and development.
- Applies the knowledge of growth and development to appropriate patient populations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains standard precautions.
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
- This position is designated as a safety sensitive position because of the essential duties of the job involves critical medical care to patients. A lapse in attention to detail may constitute a threat to health or safety resulting in injury, illness or death. This position is required to work in a constant state of alertness in a safe manner.
- Education: High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate required.
- Licensure/Certification: Current Arkansas EMSP license National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) certification preferred. BLS certification required. Certification is to be renewed by recommended renewal date on certification card. Valid Arkansas driver’s license with record acceptable to insurance carrier.
- Experience: Minimum of one year field care experience preferred.