Responsible for performing building and equipment repairs and maintenance
Schedule determined by Director, Patient Support Services
1. Primary Functions:
- Performs routine building painting and equipment repairs.
- Participates in the fire brigade, responding to fire alarms and during fire drills.
- Maintains awareness of potential hazards (i.e. fire) and reports them according to protocol for corrective action.
- Performs routine duties such as oiling fan motors, changing light bulbs, repairing beds and wheelchairs, changing air filters, etc. to ensure the smooth operation of all equipment.
- Assists with meeting set-ups when necessary.
2. Staff/Unit Responsibilities:
- Uses resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Participates in peer review.
- Participates in developing other staff and affiliating students.
- Maintains and develops own professional competencies.
- Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation and collaboration.
- Assists in interdepartmental service coordination.
- Actively participates in the Performance Improvement and Utilization Review programs.
- Assists in directing and guiding staff in the coordination of unit operations.
- Assists in all aspects of care if in the environment, such as dietary, housekeeping, infection control, and supply and equipment management.
- Attends 80% of in-services and departmental meetings.
- Help provide staff to other areas of the hospital when needed.
- Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two years prior maintenance work, preferably in a commercial facility.