The Solutions Engineer’s primary responsibility is to provide support and maintenance of the hospital’s IT Infrastructure. He/She will also utilize network management tools and solutions to install and support the network server environment/equipment, ensure network backup and security systems are operative, and enforce network security policies.
Solutions Engineers must be an example of living the Core Values of Arkansas Heart Hospital: Highest Expectations in Quality, Excellence through Innovation, Accountability through Ownership, Resilience without Compromise, Teamwork with Results.
Forty plus hours per week, Monday through Friday. From time-to-time the number of hours per week may vary to meet and project deadlines and weekend work will be necessary to support stakeholders.
- Provides Tier 1-3 support for AHH systems across all Infrastructure lanes – Systems, Network, and Security
- Participates in the design, development, and implementation of any assigned Infrastructure projects.
- Participates in the development of policies, procedures, and resources that standardize the functioning of all AHH systems.
- Perform capacity and resource planning by assessing risks and developing contingency plans.
- Assists in the recommendation of strategies for data center and infrastructure management from business continuity, disaster recovery, monitoring, storage, security and compliance.
- Maintain adequate IT documentation for audit and internal control purposes.
- Ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Escalates service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Provides communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Maintains current industry knowledge of trends, best practices, guidelines, standards, and technical expertise.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related degree, or equivalent education and work experience
- Licensure: Industry standard certifications preferred.
Solutions Engineer 1: 2+ years of relevant experience.
Solutions Engineer 2: 8+ years of relevant experience.
Solutions Engineer 3: 15+ years of relevant experience.
Work experience in the healthcare industry or a healthcare setting preferred.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Experience with Systems Administration – Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, Windows 7/10, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RDP, O365, MFA, IIS, SQL. VMWare, PowerShell; Experience with Networking – Cisco, Checkpoint, TCP/IP, VLAN, Subnet, SSL/TLS Encryption, VPN, SNMP, SMTP, SSH, MPLS, SDWAN, TELNET