The Systems Architect’s primary responsibility is to provide support and maintenance of the hospital’s IT Infrastructure. He/She will also utilize network management tools and solutions to install and support the network server environment/equipment, ensure network backup and security systems are operative, and enforce network security policies.
The Systems Architect must be an example of living the Core Values of Arkansas Heart Hospital: Highest Expectations in Quality, Excellence through Innovation, Accountability through Ownership, Resilience without Compromise, Teamwork with Results.
Forty plus hours per week, Monday through Friday. From time-to-time the number of hours per week may vary to meet and project deadlines and weekend work will be necessary to support stakeholders.
Leads in the design, development, and implementation on all AHH Systems and Security projects.
- Identifies, designs, and implements standards, configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions based on industry best practices.
- Identifies and makes improvements to the existing AHH environment by analyzing system performance and optimizing existing strategies and technologies based on workloads, and by implementing leading edge features or methodologies.
- Participates in hardware and software reviews and recommends purchases.
- Provides Tier 4 support for AHH systems across all Infrastructure lanes – Systems, Network, and Security
- Participates in the development of policies, procedures, and resources that standardize the functioning of all AHH systems.
- Perform capacity and resource planning by assessing risks and developing contingency plans.
- Assists in the recommendation of strategies for data center and infrastructure management from business continuity, disaster recovery, monitoring, storage, security and compliance.
- Maintain adequate IT documentation for audit and internal control purposes.
- Ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Escalates service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Provides communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Maintains current industry knowledge of trends, best practices, guidelines, standards, and technical expertise.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related degree, or equivalent education and work experience
- Licensure: Industry standard certifications preferred.
- Experience: 15+ years of relevant experience. Work experience in the healthcare industry or a healthcare setting preferred.
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Experience with Systems Administration – Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, Windows 7/10, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RDP, O365, MFA, IIS, SQL. VMWare, PowerShell; Experience with Networking – Cisco, Checkpoint, TCP/IP, VLAN, Subnet, SSL/TLS Encryption, VPN, SNMP, SMTP, SSH, MPLS, SDWAN, TELNET