This position is responsible for admitting/registering patients to the appropriate department (i.e., clinic, hospital, emergency room, day patient) within the facility. Accumulates and enters all necessary demographic and billing information in the computer system with timeliness and accuracy. May act in the capacity of a cashier.
- Admits/registers patients for office visit, procedure, diagnostic testing or admission to the hospital.
- Explains policies, answer questions on patient admission and gathers all necessary information and signatures according to hospital policy and procedures.
- If admitting patient to the hospital, assigns patient to a room, notifies designated nursing station of patients arrival and arranges transport of patient to the room.
- Notifies appropriate outpatient departments when the patient has arrived and provides directions to the destination.
- Performs preadmission functions as defined in hospital policy.
- May perform pre-certification/benefit verification processes in an efficient and timely manner.
- UHC pre-certification is required on all IP stays within 24 hours of admission regardless of weekend or holidays.
- Registration will contact UHC upon notification of IP status to initiate pre-cert.
- Greets patients, families, and visitors arriving at the registration desk in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Serves as liaison with clinical departments, patients and families regarding admission and registration processes.
- Ensures patient and family needs are met and addressed while they are in lobby areas.
Remains focused on Delighting our Customers.
Booking and Scheduling:
- In collaboration with inpatient admission, OR, Cath Lab and Radiology, may coordinate the booking and scheduling of patients and transmit bookings to concierge throughout the shift.
May, in an active manner, solicit information from patients, doctors office staff and insurance companies to complete the Admission Questionnaire form and insurance pre-certification information.
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent required; Associate degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of one year related experience (i.e., patient admissions, registration, scheduling, medical insurance) required; healthcare environment strongly preferred.