Nursing Assistants are in high demand at Arkansas Heart Hospital. To meet this growing need, we have developed a Residency Program for those interested in getting started in a healthcare career. This program begins October 4 and will equip the students in assisting patients with various levels of complexities, including critical care, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Teamwork with Results is a core value at Arkansas Heart Hospital, and we place high value on the partnership with our Nursing Assistants which is why they are called Patient Care Partners (PCP). This is an entry level position, high school diploma or GED required, no work experience required, recommendations preferred. Be a part of something great!
This position is responsible for assisting clinical team members by performing a variety of duties for patients within the patient-focused care system and under the direction/supervision of a registered nurse. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
- Always greets patients courteously and makes comfortable with department/surroundings.
- Ensures admission chart is ready and actively assists with admission process (ID band, computer information, and consent form).
- Actively participates in administering patient care and ensures a safe and comforting environment.
- Responds to patients needs in a timely manner.
- Assists patients with ADLs, including meals, bathing and hygiene needs.
- Performs/assists with range of motion exercises and progressive ambulation as directed by RN.
- Performs/assists with positioning patients and transferring patients from bed to chair or wheelchair or stretcher. Transports patients as needed.
- Reports changes in condition to the RN in a timely manner.
- Maintains personal responsibility for clinical growth and development.
- Applies the knowledge of growth and development to appropriate patient populations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains standard precautions.
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
- This position is designated as a safety sensitive position because of the essential duties of the job involves critical medical care to patients. A lapse in attention to detail may constitute a threat to health or safety resulting in injury, illness or death. This position is required to work in a constant state of alertness in a safe manner.
- Education: High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate required.
- Licensure/Certification: None required. CNA, MA and/or paramedic certification (National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) paramedic certification) preferred. BLS certification required. Certification is to be renewed by recommended renewal date on certification card. Basic EKG skills required within 6 months of employment.