Responsible for performing all diagnostic radiological procedures in a timely manner. Performs procedures according to physicians orders in the patients chart or per prescription on outpatients. As a member of the care team, the Radiology Technologist-Hospital is responsible for working collaboratively with other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of patient care. In addition, the Radiology Technologist-Hospital must be able and willing to cross-train into other appropriate modalities.
Flexible schedules to cover all shifts and weekends, as hospital needs demand.
- Performs radiological procedures in a timely manner; documents required information and communicates to primary physician and direct care staff pertinent information.
- Coordinates and assists the care of patients assigned in collaboration with other radiology technologists, physicians, nurses and allied health staff.
- Evaluates patient condition in order to adequately perform radiology exams.
- Informs and explains procedure to be performed to patients and what is expected in terms of his/her cooperation.
- Provides comprehensive direct patient care and assures a safe and comforting environment.
- Consults with other staff as necessary to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- Ensures the necessary clinical equipment and supplies are available and are safely utilized.
- Possesses the knowledge of growth and development of patients across the life span (neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric).
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.
- Maintains current license and registration.
- Uses resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Participates in peer review.
- Participates in developing other staff and affiliating students.
- Maintains and develops own professional competencies.
- Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation and collaboration.
- Assists in interdepartmental service coordination.
- Actively participates in the Performance Improvement and Utilization Review programs.
- Assumes a role in the maintenance of the patient-focused care delivery system.
- Assists in the coordination of unit operations.
- Assists in all aspects of care if the environment, such as dietary, housekeeping, infection control, and supply and equipment management.
- Attends 80% of in-services and departmental meetings.
- Helps provide staff to other areas of the hospital when needed.