This professional staff person is responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care and implementing and evaluating the care. The RN/LPN administers medications and treatments as ordered by physicians and in keeping with the current clinical nursing practice. The RN/LPN is responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel. This person will lead the interdisciplinary care team to ensure safe and accurate delivery of care. In addition, the RN/LPN performs a range of technical services in a cross-functional mode to comprehensively serve patient needs. Assumes (under the direction of the Laboratory) responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement and equipment maintenance.
- Serves as liaison with physician, facility, patient and families regarding patient care.
- Performs 12 lead EKG.
- Accumulates and enters all necessary patient information into the EMR system with timeliness and accuracy.
- Travels to outreach satellite clinics.
- Provides clerical duties as needed.
- Observes, reports and records patient condition.
- Responds to patient needs in a timely manner.
- Actively solicits information from patient’s doctor’s office staff to facilitate insurance pre-certification.
- Coordinates booking and scheduling of patients for procedures.
- Explains procedures and answers questions regarding patient care and scheduled procedures.
- Assists all personnel, patients and physicians as needed.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physician, patients, clinic staff and Administration.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- Licensure/Certification: Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with current state licensure or licensure from a state within the Nursing Compact required. BLS certification required within 30 days of employment and prior to providing direct patient care. Successful completion of ACLS is required by the end of clinical orientation if applicable. Certifications will be renewed by recommended renewal date on the certification documentation.