Performs a variety of duties for the cleaning and maintenance of the hospital and/or clinic. The primary responsibility of the Support Services Partner is to provide the highest quality of service to customers at all times. To fulfill these responsibilities, the Support Services Partner cleans offices, patient rooms, guest rooms, bathrooms, lavatories, halls, food service areas, patient service areas and any other area that may need attention.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceiling and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings, floors and carpets, restroom fixtures and showers, nurses stations, OR, ER, patient rooms, business offices, front lobby areas, and family waiting room areas.
- Replenishes paper and plastic products.
- Moves furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Pushes/pulls cleaning cart or flatbed and carries buckets.
- Operates equipment such as vacuum cleaner.
- Maintains equipment and wears protective clothing as required by the work environment or government regulations.
- May train workers engaged in cleaning and maintaining the premises.
- Communicate daily with nursing staff on cleaning and scheduling.
- Complete Daily Task Sheet.
- Some travel to clinics for general cleaning as requested by management.
- Education: High School diploma or G.E.D preferred; completion within 6 months of hire date and/or placement into position required.
- Experience: Minimum of one year housekeeping experience required; preferably in a hospital or healthcare setting. Certified Healthcare Environmental Service Technician certification preferred.